Terms & Conditions
Axil Scientific Pte Ltd (also referred to as “AXIL”) provide website features and other products and services to you (collectively “Customers”, each a “Customer”) when you visit or use https://axilscientific.com/ (also referred to as “AXIL Online”).
Acceptance of terms
Please read these terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) carefully. By using AXIL Online, you agree to these T&Cs, and you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data as described in these T&Cs. If you do not agree to these T&Cs, you must discontinue the use of AXIL Online. Your use of AXIL Online shall be deemed to be your agreement to be bound by each of the terms set forth below. AXIL can change these T&Cs at any time by posting updated T&Cs on AXIL Online or by sending registered Customers an email notice of the changes. If any modification is unacceptable to you, you shall cease using AXIL Online immediately. If you do not cease using AXIL Online, you will be deemed to have accepted the change.
You are expected to check these T&Cs from time to time to take notice of any changes AXIL has made as they are binding on you.
Use of AXIL Online
To purchase products and/or use services through the AXIL Online, you must first establish an account with AXIL (“AXIL Account”). Registration for an AXIL Account provides a unique identification for each Customer, and allows us to trace any order in the event of queries.
Registration must only be done by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under Singapore law; who are at least 18 years of age; and are not barred from using AXIL Online under any applicable laws. By using AXIL Online, you represent and warrant that you are of age and you agree to be bound by these T&Cs. If you are under 18 years old, you have obtained verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian.
To register for an account, you must provide a valid company/mobile number or an unique email address. You will be asked to provide a password upon registration.
You are responsible for: (i) maintaining the security and confidentiality of your AXIL Account and your account password; (ii) restricting access to your AXIL Account; (iii) be responsible for any purchases and activities that are submitted under your AXIL Account; (iv) ensuring that all details provided during registration or any other time are correct and complete. Upon successful registration, you can update your particulars in the ‘Your Account’ page.
You agree to immediately notify AXIL of any unauthorised use of your password or AXIL Account or any other breach of security by contacting us at custcare[at]axilscientific[dot]com.
We reserve the right to refuse, suspend or terminate the registration of any individual or corporate member and/or the use of any AXIL Online at any time for any reason, including and not limited to the following:
(i) accounts of Customers that we suspect have been compromised or used in breach of these T&Cs; and/or
(ii) a Customer using multiple accounts to deliver to the same address.
You acknowledge and agree that AXIL may, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, access, preserve, and/or disclose your account information, all communications to and from you and all information relating to your use of AXIL Online, if AXIL is required to do so by law or legal process or if AXIL determines, in its sole discretion, that such action is necessary to protect the rights of AXIL, third parties, and other users of AXIL Online or for purposes of responding to your request for customer service.
We collect personal data such as your name, contact information (e.g. mobile number and email address) and other information that may identify you or is personal to you, when you use AXIL Online or enter into transactions with us (or express interest in doing so). We may also collect information about your browser type, device ID, IP address and the pages you visit.
If you have multiple relationships with us (for example, you use our services across our different businesses), we may also combine such personal data with other personal data we have in our possession, for purposes of facilitating your use of AXIL Online and for the purposes set out below.
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of AXIL Online requested by you;
- facilitating your use of AXIL Online;
- verifying your identity and any purchase made on your AXIL Account through your registered contact number and/or email address;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- responding to, handling and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints and feedback from you;
- administering and maintaining your AXIL Account, including administering any login processes, benefits and entitlements;
- where you have given us consent, sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
- AXIL Online are controlled and operated by us from Singapore and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of Singapore. Your personal data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using AXIL Online, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of Singapore, which may have different data protection rules than those of Singapore; and/or
- for such other purposes as permitted by applicable law or with your express consent.
The Purposes may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
The consent that you provide for the collection, use, disclosure and processing of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for any or all of the Purposes by submitting your request in writing to custcare[at]axilscientific[dot]com.
Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within 10 business days of receiving it.
Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing AXIL Online to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request.
You acknowledge that the AXIL Online contain information, data, software, photographs, graphics, typefaces, music, sounds and other material (collectively, “Content”) that are protected by copyrights, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights owned by us and/or our affiliates, business partners, or suppliers.
You may not modify, reproduce, copy or distribute any of our Content for commercial purposes without our prior written consent.
AXIL Online are provided solely as a convenience to you for non-commercial use. You may access and use AXIL Online only in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, and with these T&Cs. You acknowledge and agree that AXIL, in its sole discretion and without notice or any further obligation to you, may temporarily suspend or permanently discontinue and refuse any and all current and future, access to, or use of AXIL Online. You further agree that you may not use AXIL Online for any of the following purposes:
- disseminate any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material;
- transmit material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence or results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice;
- gain unauthorised access to other computer systems;
- interfere with any other person's use of AXIL Online;
- interfere or disrupt networks or web sites connected to AXIL Online;
- make, transmit or store electronic copies of our Content without the prior written consent of AXIL;
- resell or make commercial use of the AXIL Online or content therein;
- modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works of, transfer, or sell any Content;
- collect or use any product listings or descriptions;
- use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods from AXIL Online;
- other than for your use of AXIL Online as expressly permitted in these T&Cs, access or attempt to access any systems or servers on which AXIL Online are hosted, or modify or alter AXIL Online in any way;
- forge headers, create a false identity or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to deceive others or disguise the origin of any content or other information transmitted to or via AXIL Online;
- use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including the images found on AXIL Online, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page) without AXIL’s express written consent; or
- use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing a AXIL name, trademark, or product name without AXIL’s express written consent.
Any unauthorised use of AXIL Online will terminate the permission or license granted by these T&Cs, and will result in you being barred from use of AXIL Online
Availability of AXIL Online
Whilst all attempts will be made to ensure AXIL Online access is available all the time, occasionally AXIL Online may undergo repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new services. In such circumstances, access to AXIL Online may be suspended temporarily and without notice. AXIL disclaims any and all liability for any malfunction, suspension or interruption of AXIL Online, including accessibility due to network problems.
Pricing and Product Information
Whilst every effort is made to fulfil orders in terms of price, size, specifications and/or description through AXIL Online, errors may occur and we do not guarantee that the pricing, size, product description, specifications and/or promotional information provided on AXIL Online will be accurate, current, updated, or complete. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that:
- product pictures on AXIL Online are provided to help you recognise the products, but due to packaging redesign and improvements, these may not reflect exactly the product you receive;
- not all products will correspond exactly to the photographs and description on AXIL Online;
- where product pictures are not available, a generic image may be used in the Enquiry and Cart;
- in relation to items on E-Store, the prices advertised on AXIL Online are meant for online only. The prices of certain products may differ from those charged offline.
- AXIL takes great care to accurately display the colours of our products that appear on AXIL Online. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor (among other factors), we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will be a true reflection of the actual colours of the products.
In the event of any price difference between your AXIL Online order and the final bill rendered, whether arising from substitutions, daily price changes, out-of-stock products, promotions, mislabelling, or mispricing, and/or weighted items, we reserve the right to adjust the final bill even after an online bill is presented to you.
We shall not be liable to any person for any loss, damage, or inconvenience suffered in the event that we are unable to fulfil any order for whatever reason.
In the event that a product becomes unavailable for whatever reason after an order is accepted, AXIL reserves the right to process the other products in your order. This is because, with AXIL Online, we work towards bringing you a wholesome online experience.
If any item you have ordered is not in the confirmation, it is with much regret that we inform you that the said item is unavailable.
Special offers are valid only while stocks last. We reserve the right to reject, and/or limit quantities on any order received.
It is your responsibility to review the details (including items selected, pricing and applicable fees) carefully before submitting an order. When you place an order, you agree to all amounts, delivery fee, service fee and other additional charges (if any) and the final ‘Total’ amount which is displayed at the checkout page.
You will be deemed to be aware of, and you accept responsibility for the total amount incurred under your AXIL Account.
Once an order is submitted, the total purchase price and any fees that AXIL may charge you are due immediately and are non-refundable.
Except for changes in delivery address and/or contact details which must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled delivery, no amendment to an order is allowed once the order is processed.
Customers may request for change in delivery address and/or contact details at 6775 7318 or custcare[at]axilscientific[dot]com.
Cancellation of a confirmed order is subjected to a cancellation fee of 80% of the total order value. AXIL reserves the right to change the purchase terms and prices at any time without prior notice.
Refunds and Returns
Refund: AXIL will arrange for a refund to payment made for the affected product(s) in the event any order (in whole or in part) is rejected by AXIL for whatever reason.
Exchange & Return Policy: All orders have been checked for quality and accuracy. Any request for returns will be subjected for approval.
AXIL will provide delivery service in mainland Singapore on any orders placed through the AXIL Online. Additional charges apply for delivery made to Jurong Island and Tuas area.
The following delivery fees are applicable to your order:
|Order value (SGD)||Delivery charge for any orders (in SGD)|
|$200 and above||Delivery charge waived|
Where the Customer requests AXIL (or its delivery service provider) to leave the product(s) at the front door or anywhere outside the delivery address, such delivery shall be at the Customer’s sole risk and the Customer accepts all liability and risk of loss, theft and damage.
AXIL shall not be liable for any consequential, indirect, or damage or loss, however arising, or any deterioration or change in quality or condition of the order after its delivery. For clarity, AXIL and its delivery service provider may decline requests to deliver/leave the order at a place other than the front door of the delivery address.
Whilst we endeavor to complete delivery of your order expeditiously, delivery of your order may be temporarily unavailable or delayed in the event of bad weather or any unforeseen circumstances. All delivery times stated, agreed or represented by us are meant as indicative estimates only, and we shall not be bound by or liable for any inconvenience or loss occasioned to you from late deliveries.
Our delivery service is subject to the availability of our resources and we reserve the right to cancel or reject any delivery request at our sole discretion.
We may use third party delivery service providers to perform delivery of your order. We shall not be liable or responsible for any inconvenience or loss occasioned to you from any late deliveries or mishandling of the order, which is attributable to the third party delivery service provider.
Payment information is transmitted through a secured payment channel using our secure server and Secure Socket Layer. Payment for all purchases will be made to the payment mode selected at your AXIL Account. Once payment mode has been selected and order has been submitted, any changes to payment mode is not possible.
AXIL accepts payment by PayNow.
AXIL reserves the right to change the mode or method of payment for products offered online at any time by announcement through AXIL Online, emails, and any other means of communication.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, AXIL excludes all warranties, descriptions, representations or advice rendered as to the fitness or suitability for any purpose, tolerance to any conditions, similarity to sample, merchantability or otherwise of any product offered and/or supplied.
No agent or representative of AXIL is authorised to make any warranty, representation or statements given as to the fitness or suitability for any purpose, tolerance to any condition, similarity to sample, merchantability or otherwise of the product offered and/or supplied.
Limitation of Liability
You unreservedly acknowledge and agree that you assume all risk in connection with the use of AXIL Online. AXIL shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, punitive, loss of profits or revenue, or any other damages or loss however arising from your use of and access to AXIL Online.
To the extent that AXIL is liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss, damage or injury arising directly or indirectly from any defect in or non-compliance of a product or any other breach of AXIL’s obligations hereunder, such liability shall not in any event exceed an amount equivalent to the price of the product(s) giving rise to such liability.
Both AXIL and the delivery service provider will not be held responsible for any damage or loss after delivery. You shall not use our products in any manner and/or for any purpose for which they are unsuited for and you shall be responsible for using all necessary skill and care in handling and using the products. You expressly agree that AXIL assumes no obligation or liability for any advice or information given with the products and AXIL assumes no responsibility for any inaccuracy or misstatement of any such information. You assume all risks connected with the use and storage of the products.
AXIL Online and all information contained therein are provided on a “as is” basis without any implied or express warranty including any implied warranty as to title, quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose, or non-infringement. Before acting on the information found on AXIL Online, you may wish to confirm the facts that are important to your decision making. Product information listed on AXIL Online may be different from information listed on the products for a variety of reasons including such things as manufacturers’ updates and changes. AXIL reserves the right to change or update information about any product on AXIL Online at any time without prior notice.
Representations or descriptions displayed on AXIL Online are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. AXIL therefore disclaims all responsibility and/or liability for any reliance placed on such material by any user of AXIL Online, or by anyone who may be informed of its contents.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, AXIL shall not be liable for any error or omission in the content of AXIL Online including any damage or injury arising out of or in connection with any access or use of AXIL Online whether such damage/injury is caused by failure of performance, error, omission, defect, delay in operation, computer virus, theft etc.
AXIL shall not be liable to any Customer or persons for any loss, damage incurred or inconvenience suffered in the event AXIL declines to fulfil an order or cancels or withdraws any order for whatever reason including but not limited to an unforeseen circumstance (e.g. lack of availability, quantity or specification, etc.).
Promotions & Campaigns
AXIL may, from time to time, offer discounts or run promotions. Promotions shall be effective only for the applicable promotional period and on a “while stocks last” basis. AXIL reserves the right to modify, cancel or discontinue them at any time on AXIL Online, without any notice to you.
Where any free gift is offered as part of a promotion, the free gift is offered on a “first come first serve” and “while stocks last” basis. No cash or credit will be offered in lieu of any gift.
Promotional codes are not transferable and not redeemable for cash. Each promotional code has its own qualifying terms. It is void where prohibited by law.
The following general terms and conditions on use of a promotional code are in addition to, and subject to specific terms and conditions of a campaign/promotion activity:
- a promotional code cannot be used in conjunction with any other available promotional codes. AXIL reserves the right to reject any order that uses two or more promotional codes;
- you may redeem any promotional code through AXIL Online;
- certain promotional codes are specific to online enquiry or purchase, and they can be applied only for the specified use according to the promotional code’s terms & conditions;
- the use of any promotional code may affect the minimum amount to qualify for free delivery. In such event, normal delivery fees will apply;
- before completing an order, the Customer shall be responsible for ensuring that the relevant promotional code has been applied;
- no promotional code shall be exchangeable for cash or other goods and services;
- all prices listed are in Singapore dollars;
- AXIL reserves the rights to vary/amend the privileges or terms and conditions of any promotions without prior notice.
In the event of suspected fraud or misuse of any promotional code, or breach of its qualifying terms or the terms and conditions of the campaign/promotion, AXIL reserves the right to reject or cancel the use of a promotional code. AXIL also reserves the right to charge you partially or in full the value of the benefit received using your order payment method, without further notice to you.
Where you are permitted to return any product to us for a refund/credit and such product was originally purchased under a promotion or discount (including use of a promotional code), you will only be refunded the amount that you originally paid for such product. Where the promotion or discount had applied to the entire order, we will refund you the selling price of the returned product less the promotion or discount applied to the returned product on a pro-rata basis.
Further, any free promotional gift given with an order must also be returned if you are returning the product(s) to which the gift relates. If the total order value is reduced below the value of the qualifying free delivery or any promotion qualification because of a returned item, we may charge the delivery fee and/or the full value of the order without the promotion.
AXIL reserves the right to change any terms of any contest/campaign/promotion activity without prior notice and substitute any token or prize with one of a similar value. Any prizes received for participating in any AXIL contests/campaigns/promotion activities are strictly non-transferable and are not exchangeable for cash or credit. AXIL shall not be liable for any loss of chance arising from any defect, malfunction or failure of any telephone network / lines, computer systems, servers, computer equipment, software used in connection with AXIL Online.
Any decision by AXIL relating to promotions/campaigns, use of promotional code and other rewards or gifts is final and binding.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These T&Cs shall be construed in accordance with the applicable laws of Singapore.
Depending on the nature of the dispute, any claim or disagreement arising out of or in connection with these T&Cs and/or use of AXIL Online (“Dispute”) shall be submitted for mediation at the Mediation Centre of the Consumer Association of Singapore (“CASE”) in accordance with CASE’s mediation procedure in force for the time being. Either party may submit a request to mediate to CASE upon which the other party will be bound to participate in the mediation within CASE prescribed time. If the Dispute cannot be resolved at mediation, such Dispute shall be referred to the Small Claims Tribunal or the courts of Singapore, as the case may be, for resolution.